Revision April 27, 2021
WaterGap Site Rules per NationalParkService, Landowners & RiskAssessments.
All pilots must:
1. clear onlookers within 30° front-to-back both sides from launch point.
2. fly well clear of launch; understand ridge & thermal soaring rules.
3. not launch/scratch marginal air that risks sleds or not reaching primary LZ; 2 flights/day max.
4. quickly leave touchdown LZ to clear for other pilots & avoid attracting attention
5. get BoD pre-approval for each tandem.
6. wear helmet with reserve, radio, backup-loop/speed bar & launch only if another adult present.
7. carry emergency & first-aid kits.
8. reimburse landowners & WGC for damages.
9. leave-no-trace & steward sites; remove telltales, windsocks, trash & firerings.
10. not cut trees, store items, do drugs/alcohol, start fires, post signs, stunt-fly, advertise, engage in
commercial activities, or promote contests, meets or demos.
11. coordinate with others so no more than 25 pilots on site or 5 vehicles parked on top.
12. display vehicle authorization sign if required and not drive in launch & LZ areas.
13. understand that memberships, ratings, appointments, certifications may be suspended for landing outside
primary LZs or emergencies involving reserve deployment, injuries, damages or rescue services.
Site Safety Monitors:
PG=Jim Maze, Tom Schray, Rolan Yang
HG=Jack Eckert, Paul Golas, Rogery Irby
Alterate Gatekeepers: Gus Johnson, Jonathan Leal, Randy Leggett, Bill Waters, Jake Wren
SSE 650’AGL by NPS permit. H4/P4
by monitor signoff; H3/P3
by same wing-type monitor
signoff. LZs: Ponly
(6.5/1 owner waiver). Bailout: PH
(5.5/1). Landing inside red area or
outside PG-only & HG-only LZs subject is to immediate suspension, possible trespass charges, loss of
ratings, appointments & certifications. Bailout for emergency only!
No toplandings. BoD pre-approved
tandem only. LZs must be entered at 150'AGL due to power lines (yellow). 2 flights/day max. 25 pilots max
on site. Tree rotors. Wind direction ideal/ok 125-185°/110-200°; speed min/ideal/max/gustΔ H
8/12/20/10mph, P 5/10/15/5mph. At least one site monitor must be present.